Your challenge will be to develop best practices and processes to help PacifiCan navigate the complex circumstances surrounding the collection, protection and sharing of personal information and to ensure that applicants’ requests under the Access to Information and the Privacy Act are met.
PacifiCan is an innovative workplace making a difference in British Columbia. We care about our accomplishments as a team and each other. We consistently rank among the best federal departments to work for and are committed to being the best at what we do. We hire the best talent and provide a work experience that brings out the best in people. We are driven by achieving great results for British Columbians and Canadians.
Why should you consider a career at PacifiCan? If you join our team, you:
- Work with committed people who support each other and love the work they do;
- Contribute to meaningful work that strengthens the economy and makes a difference in the lives of British Columbians and Canadians;
- Enjoy a culture of continuous learning and support for your professional development;
- Be exposed to various economic sectors and issues important to the future economy;
- Take advantage of flexible working arrangements;
- Work with modern tools and technologies; and,
- Work with an innovative management team who are passionate about hiring and developing talent, and driving results.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working remotely. If you are appointed to a position, PacifiCan will provide tools and/or equipment to support remote work. As public health restrictions ease, successful applicants should report to PacifiCan Headquarters in Surrey, BC.
PacifiCan offices are open environments with well-regulated air quality, ergonomic sit/stand workstations, and a combination of natural and fluorescent lighting. The physical demands of these positions include spending a lot of time working on a computer and reading documents. This role will also involve meeting with stakeholders virtually via video and phone, and in person as public health measures related to COVID-19 permit. Please note that we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated at any stage of the process, please contact Carolyn Veitch by email at email@example.com. Information received regarding accommodation will remain confidential.
To be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following criteria (essential qualifications):
When you apply, you will be asked a series of screening questions based on the education and experience criteria below. When answering the screening questions, please provide:
- Concrete and detailed examples to demonstrate how you meet the qualifications;
- Where, when and how the experience was gained.
- Successful secondary school diploma; or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Diploma equivalence
For the Corporate Secretariat/ATIP Advisor, AS-04:
- Significant experience in making recommendations to management on policy or procedural matters related to the administration of a statute or regulation.
- Significant is defined as relevant experience normally acquired in the performance of full-time duties for at least two years
For the Corporate Secretariat/ATIP Officer, AS-03:
- Experience in making recommendations to management on policy or procedural matters related to the administration of an act or regulation.
Experience required for both positions:
- Experience coordinating, following up or managing multiple tasks to deadlines.
- Experience developing or implementing policies, procedures or processes (eg process maps, training materials, guidance documents, etc.).
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal or external stakeholders.
Application submission information:
We are pleased to announce that the job opening for Corporate Secretariat/ATIP Advisor (AS-04) is now open with positions in Surrey, BC. If you are interested in any of these opportunities or would like to learn more, please refer to the following link to view the announcement:
The deadline for submitting applications is June 20, 2022.
This information is also available in French.